Reason to Believe
For the past 13 years, Reason to Believe’s—formerly Equine Therapy Center—mission has been to use the equine experience for positive change, emotional growth and learning.
As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, Reason to Believe Therapeutic Riding Center exists to help at-risk children, damaged teens, developmentally-disabled adults and troubled young women develop skills to heal, learn responsibility and form trust.
Our goals in equine therapy:
- Challenge in a non-threatening way
- Break down defense barriers
- Promote change from dysfunctional patterns to successful and responsible patterns
- Improve communication, problem solving, anger management, self-esteem and relationship skills
- Build character through the development of love, self-control, patience and faithfulness
Our "Team of Healers" includes eight championship show horses and six miniature horses to teach individuals skills such as confidence, teamwork, trust and more.
“The bonding of a young lady and a horse happened before my very eyes.”
His granddaughter’s seizures prevented her from riding lessons at other stables. After she started therapy sessions at RTB, she not only gained confidence, but met a horse that stole her heart.
Reason to Believe on the OUTLOOK Cover!
Read a wonderful article about Reason to Believe in the November issue of the OUTLOOK Magazine. Thank you, Back40 Design and the OUTLOOK Magazine!