Reason to Believe
Reason to Believe on the OUTLOOK Cover!
Read a wonderful article about Reason to Believe in the November issue of the OUTLOOK Magazine. Thank you, Back40 Design and the OUTLOOK Magazine!
For the past 11 years, Reason to Believe’s—formerly Equine Therapy Center—mission has been to use the equine experience for positive change, emotional growth and learning.
As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, Reason to Believe Therapeutic Riding Center exists to help at-risk children, damaged teens, developmentally-disabled adults and troubled young women develop skills to heal, learn responsibility and form trust.
Our goals in equine therapy:
- Challenge in a non-threatening way
- Break down defense barriers
- Promote change from dysfunctional patterns to successful and responsible patterns
- Improve communication, problem solving, anger management, self-esteem and relationship skills
- Build character through the development of love, self-control, patience and faithfulness
Our "Team of Healers" includes eight championship show horses and six miniature horses to teach individuals skills such as confidence, teamwork, trust and more.
"I was very lost, hurt and broken from things that have taken place in my life. Prim and Reason helped me out of my time of darkness."
By the time she was fifteen, Jenny had become homeless and sold into human trafficking. In an attempt to heal from the unbelievable tragedy in her life, she began visiting Reason to Believe.
Read how Jenny's life changed. Warning: Graphic Content